Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MA Sheep and Wool Festival 2008

On Saturday, a good friend and I drove to Cummington for the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair. It was a perfect day for a drive, which was good, as I missed exit 4 (I believe we were discussing our love for the shows Buffy and Angel at the time and were too involved to notice the exit) and also exit 3 which meant we had to drive all the way to exit 2 before being able to turn around and go back. The joys of the Mass Pike. It only added another 40 miles or so to the trip. But the weather being lovely, and the conversation scintillating, we managed to arrive in good spirits eager to windowshop as we both had vowed that we had enough yarn already.

Yeah, that never works.

Of course, I took no pictures at the festival, because, um, well, I was busy looking at everything. I did see two adorable Border Collie puppies the very first thing, and was sorely tempted to bring one home. I miss having a dog. But I resisted, and good thing too, because the poor dog would have been lonely. I have two cats, and they don't mind that I'm gone 10 hours at a time, but a dog would. So, first temptation resisted.

I like the smaller festivals. Don't get me wrong, I adore the excitement of Rhinebeck, but I always feel like I cannot possibly see it all there, and the smaller festivals, like NH Sheep and Wool and the Cummington event, offer a lovely array of goods to peruse. We wandered through the barns and found Sliver Moon Farm's booth. There my resistance to temptation ended. A certain lovely someone blogged about her purchase of their yarn last October and I've been lusting after this yarn for ever since.




So, I bought it. Ahem. Smoky Plum, fingering weight superwash wool and it is really beautiful. The shop also had the most glorious knitted wrap on display, made from this yarn, of which I have no pictures, unfortunately and there was no pattern available, but my hope is to knit something very similar to that wrap. Possibly the Sampler Shawl from Folk Shawls. (Ravelry link)




Two pictures of the haul from Cummington, because why post one picture, when you have two? They are all Sliver Moon yarns. In the middle is the Smoky Plum and on top is a skein of laceweight called Granite that is the most gorgeous blue gray. I couldn't leave it behind. The other fingering weight is called Grape Ice and it is as lovely as the Smoky Plum. Since I couldn't decide between the two, I brought both home. So much for will power.

And one more picture of the yarn with Manny. Oooooh, ahhhhhh! Isn't he cute?



My final purchase of the day and one of the sweetest. MMMmMmMmMm maple sugar and maple cream. Yep, no will power at all.


1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger LogoGirl said...

Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to see what you make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home