Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Meme

Sandy posted this meme on her blog, and tagged all her readers. So here I go:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

My husband and I went to Scotland for our 20th anniversary. It was a beautifully planned trip, Scotland was amazing. I loved it. But it was also when I realized my marriage was in deep trouble, by virtue of my husband not really talking to me, at least not like we used to converse. I kept trying to engage his attention, but could not. He seemed almost exasperated with me. It was scary, and about to get scarier.

I had a 15 year old and a 12 year old, and both were exceedingly busy with sports and ballet and school. There was no time for me time. But I loved all the hub bub. Truly I did. I kinda miss it now.

I weighed a lot less back then, but we won't go into that.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?

One, clear off patio from debris from trees so I can sit out and enjoy summer. (done) Two, plant annuals in beds. (done) Three, buy more plants, because I never ever buy enough the first time through. (done) Four, laundry. Always laundry at the end of a holiday. (done, almost. Needs folding) 5. Knit on shawl. (did 5 rows)

3. Snacks I enjoy:

Microwave popcorn, ice cream, cheese and crackers, Kashi Go Lean bars, chocolate (dark), and Trader Joe's Italian Sodas. Ice cream is my favorite though. Yum!(see about line above about weight)


4. Places I’ve lived:

Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Texas, Tennessee again, Minnesota, Upper Michigan, Minnesota again, Ohio, and now Massachusetts. Lots of movin' in my life as a wife.


5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:


Well, first, I would pay off my family's debt. I mean my mom's and sisters' and brothers' and set up trust funds for my kids and nieces and nephews. And I would get some things fixed around the house. I kind of like my house, but it could use some maintenance. And I would hire a sexy lawn guy, cause I'm freakin' tired after planting all my flowers today.

Then I would want to set up a foundation that would provide low or no interest loans to people in need. And have support for them in the way of educating them about running businesses, making investments, and succeeding in taking care of themselves. I would want to use the money to empower them.

Thanks for the meme Sandy, it was fun!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Well, if you paid him a little extra, sexy lawn guy could also be sexy shower cleaner! Then send him my way~
I love to read about people 10 years ago. It's probably a sickness! :D
xoxo Thanks for playing along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home