Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday Reflections


Tuesday was my birthday. Instead of posting a long, rather maudlin post about turning 53 I thought it would be more interesting to do the movie meme that's been going around the blogs instead. I don't know if I get enough traffic through here to warrant even putting them up but it was fun looking up the quotes. Hard to pick just one in some cases. Some of these quotes are from "small" movies, so it may take awhile for them to be guessed. Good luck!

Here's my version of the movie quote meme.

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.


1. There are a lot of things I can take, and some things I can't. But what I can't take is when my older brother, who's everything that I want to be, starts losing faith in things. I saw that look in your eyes last night. I don't ever want to see that look in your eyes again. ~Signs

2. I thought it was from God... who else would have that kind of money? ~Millions

3.
It's funny how people see me and treat me, since I'm really just a simple, boring person. ~The Station Agent

4. See, you are sad and happy. You don't smile but you are content. You are sad and happy at the same time. In Brazil we have a term for that - it's 'Saudade'. It's like ... melancholic, nostalgic; it's very Bossanova. ~Next Stop Wonderland

5. Anyway, listen, I meant to ask you, I need a cool way to kill people. Don't worry, for my script. ~Adaptation

6. Have her then, but you're a lordly fool. She's been plucked since I saw her last, and not by you... it takes a woman to know it. ~Shakespeare in Love

7.
Oh, by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck. ~ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - logogirl

8. We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other. ~Best in Show - Gloria

9. A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around! ~ Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl.

10. I would sell my grandmother for a drink - and you know how I love my grandmother. ~The Philadelphia Story - Knitter


Okay, I don't know how to do the strike out so I'll post the answer in another color after the quote.

I have left these up for a week, now, so I think anyone who was going to hazard a guess has done so. I'll post the rest of the titles. Thanks for playing!

8 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Iron Needles said...

Happy 53rd, Mary! But I don't know ANY of the quotes. I thought I might know just one...

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Happy Birthday, Mary!! (I am T is for Terrible at things like the movie quote meme.)
; )

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger LogoGirl said...

i thought I commented, but i guess i don't know how!

I only know #7 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8 is from Best in Show.

Love that movie!

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is #1 from A River Runs Through ?

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Mary in Boston said...

Sorry, Glo, #1 is not A River Runs Through. Good guess though. Yay for getting "Best in Show," on of my favorites, too.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Number 10 is from The Philadelphia Story.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mary in Boston said...

Thank you knitter! You are correct! Isn't that an awesome movie? Kate Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, and Cary Grant all together. Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home